Last update: January 27, 2021
The corporate websites of DPG Media Belgium (www.dpgmedia.be) and DPG Media Group (www.dpgmediagroup.com) make use of online technologies that make it possible to increase the user experience of our websites and to gain insight into their use. Such technologies, such as pixels, tags and cookies, that retrieve or store data from your browser, are referred to as “cookies”.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or tablet. These small text files contain information, often a unique identification number, that uniquely identifies your browser. This allows us to learn more about you, your use of our websites, or your preferences (e.g. language choice).
- To enable our websites to function properly (“functional cookies”) and to map the general use of our websites in an anonymous manner (“statistical cookies”)
Functional cookies are used to make the websites work. Without these cookies, our websites cannot function properly. Therefore, you can not refuse or turn them off.
Specifically, these are cookies that, for example:
- help remember your preferences such as language or region;
- allow us to detect abuse and fraud;
- allow us to detect bugs or other problems on the websites;
With statistical cookies we map the general use of our websites in an anonymous way. More specifically, we use statistical cookies to determine which parts of the websites are of most interest to visitors. We do this by measuring how many people visit the websites, and which pages, items or articles are viewed the most.
The information we collect in this way is used to compile statistics. These statistics give us insight into how often certain web pages are visited and where visitors generally spend the most time. This enables us to make the structure, navigation and content of the websites as user-friendly as possible. We cannot link these statistics and other reports to individual persons.
Functional cookies will always be placed because they are necessary to ensure that the websites work properly. Statistical cookies are also always loaded, because the data we collect with them is not personal.
5. How long are cookies stored?
How long a cookie is stored differs per cookie. Just to clarify, there are two types of cookies:
- Temporary cookies (“session cookies”): these are cookies that are temporary in nature and are deleted as soon as you close your browser;
- Permanent cookies (“persistent cookies”): these cookies remain stored on your device until their retention period is exceeded or until you actively delete them from your device.
Below you can find all cookies and how long they remain on your device.
|Domain||Cookie name||Retention period|
|DPG Media||_hijd||365 days|
|DPG Media||_gid||1 day|
|DPG Media||_ga||730 days|
|DPG Media||_gat_gtag_UA_#||1 minute|
|DPG Media||cookie-agreed||100 days|
|DPG Media||ak_bmsc||2 hours|
|DPG Media||bm_sv||2 hours|
6. How can I manually delete or disable cookies?
In any browser you can choose to delete all cookies that are already on your device. Please note that you have to adjust these settings separately for each browser on each device you use. If you choose to not allow any type of cookie in your browser, including functional cookies, this may have a negative impact on the functioning of our websites.
Below you can find out how you can delete cookies from your browser:
- Google Chrome: how you can delete cookies and how you can refuse new cookies is described here (web & mobile).
- Firefox / Mozilla: how you can delete cookies can be found here (web). Information about refusing new cookies is described here (web). For mobile devices you should take a look here.
- Safari: how you can delete cookies and how you can refuse new cookies is described here (web). For mobile devices you can find the necessary information here.
- Internet Explorer: how you can delete cookies and how you can refuse new cookies is described here.
- Opera: How you can delete cookies and how you can refuse new cookies is described here.
- DPG Media NV, with registered office at Mediaplein 1, 2018 Antwerp, company number 0432.306.234, tel.: 022 / 55.32.11, e-mail: email@example.com;
- DPG Media Services NV, with registered office at Mediaplein 1, 2018 Antwerp, company number 0403.506.340, tel.: 022 / 54.22.11, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- DPG Media Group NV, with registered office at Mediaplein 1, 2018 Antwerp, company number 0440.653.281, tel.: +32 (0) 24 / 54.22.11, e-mail: email@example.com.
DPG Media NV is the Belgian branch of DPG Media Group which is, in addition to Belgium, also active in the Netherlands and Denmark. Our IT teams are spread across Belgium and the Netherlands, which means that some employees of DPG Media Netherlands may also work with your data covered by this Cookie Statement. However, your data will not be used by the Dutch or Danish brands of the group.
8. Cookies, data protection and your rights
The information contained in cookies may in certain cases constitute personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
The GDPR obliges us to always have a legal basis to process your personal data. With regard to functional cookies, DPG Media relies on its legitimate interest to offer visitors and users optimal and safe websites. The same applies to statistical cookies, where it is in DPG Media's legitimate interest to collect anonymous statistical data about the use of its websites.
9. Changes to this cookie statement
We will occasionally have to make changes to our Cookie Statement because, for example, our websites or the regulations regarding cookies change. When we make changes to the Cookie Statement, we will update the “Last update” date at the top of this page. You will always find the most recent version here.
If our Cookie Statement changes significantly, you will see our Cookie banner again on your next visit to the websites to inform you about this.
10. Further questions?
If you have any questions about our Cookie Statement, you can contact the Data Protection Officer of DPG Media as follows:
- by post: DPG Media, attn the Data Protection Officer, Mediaplein 1, 2018 Antwerp; or
- by email: via firstname.lastname@example.org.